CANAAN, NH -- Hometown stock car racer Donnie
Lashua took the lead from polesitter Cory Roberts on lap 39 to score
his first career Granite State Pro Stock Series win Sunday in the
100-lap event at Canaan Fair Speedway.
Lashua started third in the 18-car field and patiently rode behind
Roberts for the first third of the race. The veteran Lashua was able
to work inside of Roberts and snag the lead for the remainder of the
race, but had to hold him off on three late race restarts.
Roberts, of Canaan, NH, crossed underneath the checkered flag in
second. Recent Granite State Pro Stock Series winner Bobby
Baillargeon, of Kingston, NH, finished third and was able to chip
away at his deficit to the series point leader. Webster, NH’s Matt
Pepin, driving a team car to Lashua, finished fourth ahead of Barry
Gray, of Belchertown, MA.
Jeremy Davis, who was crowned the Canaan Fair Speedway Pro Stock
champion Friday night, finished sixth. Granite State Pro Stock
Series point leader Bobby Cabral finished outside the top five for
the first time this season with his seventh place finish. Rich
Eaton, Zig Geno, and Carl Eriksson completed the unofficial top ten.
Lashua’s win makes him the fifth different Granite State Pro Stock
Series winner this year, and sixth in Series history. There has yet
to be a repeat winner this season.
Unofficially, Baillargeon was able to cut eight points off of his
deficit to Cabral with his third place finish. Cabral now holds a
14-point lead back to Baillargeon with just one event remaining.
Eaton holds the third point position, 28 points behind. Gray sits
two points back of Eaton, with Mike Parks fifth, 44 points behind
The Granite State Pro Stock Series season finale will be held on
Super Saturday, September 29 at Monadock Speedway in Winchester, NH.
The JBH 100, which was originally scheduled for August 4th, will be
in memory of late Granite State Pro Stock Series co-founder John
Hoyt, who unexpectedly passed away last year.
Super Saturday’s pit gates open at 10:00am, with practice beginning
at noon. Monadock Speedway’s main ticket booth opens at 1:00pm, with
school bus rides for kids beginning at 2:30pm. Heat race qualifying
will begin at 3:00pm. Admission is $20 for Adults, $10 for Seniors,
$5 for Students (13-18), and Children 12 and under are free.
More information on the Granite State Pro Stock Series can be found
online at www.gspss.net and on the Granite State Pro Stock Series
UNOFFICIAL RESULTS -- Granite State Pro Stock Series Canaan 100
Granite State Pro Stock Series
Canaan Fair Speedway, Canaan, NH
Sunday, September 16, 2012
1. (3) Donnie Lashua, Canaan, NH, 100 laps
2. (1) Cory Roberts, Canaan, NH, 100 laps
3. (8) Bobby Baillargeon, Kingston, NH, 100 laps
4. (7) Matt Pepin, Webster, NH, 100 laps
5. (18) Barry Gray, Belchertown, MA, 100 laps
6. (6) Jeremy Davis, Tamworth, NH, 100 laps
7. (2) Bobby Cabral, East Kingston, NH, 100 laps
8. (5) Rich Eaton, Seabrook, NH, 100 laps
9. (14) Zig Geno, Canterbury, NH, 100 laps
10. (4) Carl Eriksson, Deep River, CT, 99 laps
11. (15) Phil Meany, Gardner, MA, 99 laps
12. (17) Jay Sands, Seabrook, NH, 99 laps
13. (12) Matt Frahm, New Salem, NH, 91 laps
14. (9) Derek Griffith, Hudson, NH, 83 laps
15. (11) Mike Parks, Walpole, NH, 83 laps
16. (16) Fran Colson, Gardner, MA, 62 laps
17. (13) Keith Caruso, Millbury, MA, 29 laps
18. (10) Josh King, Vernon, VT, 24 laps
Lap Leaders: Cory Robert (1-38), Donnie Lashua (39-100)
Time of Race: 42:58.149
Margin of Victory: 0.810 seconds
Cautions: 3 (83, 83, 89)
Heat Winners: Cory Roberts, Donnie Lashua